Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO660
Armistice Centenary Grants Program (ACGP)
Show close time for other time zones
The Armistice Centenary Grants Program (ACGP) provides grants of between $3,000 to $50,000 for local community-based projects and activities that commemorate the end of the First World War, remembering Australian service men and women from all conflicts and celebrate a just and secure peace.
The Australian Government has provided total funding of $7.5 million over two years for the Program. Each federal electorate has a funding pool of $50,000 available for commemorative projects. A Community Consultation Committee in each electorate will assist the local MP in seeking the local community's views on how to best commemorate the Centenary. Interested applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the local member in the first instance.
Applicants must be invited to apply by their local MP to receive an application form and be eligible for an ACGP grant.
The closing date for applications has been extended by one month to 5pm (AEDT), 28 March 2018.
To be eligible to apply for a grant you must:
* have been invited by your local member to submit an application. The grant amount and project applied for must be the same as what has been reported by your local member to the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
* be one of the following organsiation types:
- an incorporated association
- an ex-service organisation
- not for profit community organisation
- school, or other educational institution
- museum or cultural institution
- historical association
* have a plan for how you will carry out the project and identify the budget for your project
* have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying, and
* be located in Australia.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible as per the list above.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- an organisation that has outstanding acquittals for any previous DVA funding
- an unincorporated association (unless seeking less than $10,000)
- an overseas resident
- a political party.
Refer to the ACGP Guidelines for grant eligibility criteria and eligible grant activities.
The focus and expected end date for all grant activities should be 11 Novermber 2018, the centenary of Armistice Day.
From $3,000.00 to $50,000.00
Applicants must be invited by their local MP to submit an application. Invited applicants will receive a link to the application form by email. Completed applications are submitted to DVA for assessment by clicking the 'Email' button at the end of the form. Include all required attachments.