Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5282
Methane Emissions Reduction in Livestock Stage 2: Feasibility and Development Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- fast-track the development and commercial readiness of technology solutions to deliver low emission feed supplements to grazing animals at large-scale (considering market reach and productivity and abatement impacts), with a particular emphasis on solutions that have the potential to increase the productivity of the national herd and grazing production systems
- collect data on the productivity (including labour productivity) and abatement impacts from low emissions feed supplements delivered using technology solutions to grazing animals, to inform updates to the livestock emissions framework
- engage and collaborate with livestock producers to ensure technology solutions can be implemented in a cost-effective (and ideally productivity-enhancing) way within common grazing management operations and build market interest and acceptance
- leverage co-investment to develop, validate and demonstrate the technology solutions.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- cost-effective (and ideally productivity-enhancing) technology solutions for delivering low emission feed supplements to grazing animals are available for voluntary adoption by livestock producers in a range of Australian production systems
- the reduced emissions from delivering low emission feed supplements to grazing animals using the technology solutions can be estimated in the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- a co-operative
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) as defined in section 14
- an Australian State/Territory Government agency or body.
Joint applications are acceptable and encouraged. To submit a joint application you must have a, lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 7.2 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Additional eligibility requirements
We can only accept applications:
- where you certify that your project is supported by your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board), and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- where you certify that you have or will have relevant intellectual property arrangements in place in order to undertake your project
- where you certify that you will collect and provide research data and outputs to the department and any nominated third party for the purpose of supporting updates to the livestock emissions framework
- where you meet the application deadline and provide all mandatory information and attachments with your application.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
From $250,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/meril
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.