Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4692
Modern Manufacturing Initiative – Manufacturing Translation Stream – Food and Beverage Priority – Round 1
Show close time for other time zones
The Manufacturing Translation Stream will support projects that aid the translation of high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient. It will support businesses to adopt new technologies and improve their manufacturing processes to boost productivity and competitiveness.
Australia has an international reputation for producing premium, safe and high-quality food and beverage products. Close proximity to Asian markets and a reputation as a trusted supplier of premium goods has led to the food and beverage sector becoming a major manufacturing sector for the Australian economy. There are opportunities to bring food and beverage manufacturers together to:
- manage the development of new products for emerging markets
- translate research into commercial applications
- manufacture locally and export more high value products to overseas markets.
For the Modern Manufacturing Initiative’s Translation and Integration Stream grant opportunities, an initial combined total of approximately $140 million is available from 2020-21 to 2023-24 across all the National Manufacturing Priorities.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be non-tax-exempt
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups and a trading corporation, where your trading activities:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
You must also:
- have a project that aligns with the Food and Beverage National Manufacturing Priority area
- have a minimum of $2 million in eligible project expenditure
- be able to provide evidence that your project is supported by your board (or Chief Executive Officer or equivalent if there is no board)
- be able to provide evidence that you can meet the costs of the project not covered by the grant funding.
The Grant opportunity guidelines provide further detail on eligibility.
From $1,000,000.00 to $20,000,000.00
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/mmit
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.