Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO6727
National Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence Workforce Education on Abuse of Older People
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a restricted process to apply to deliver services under the First Action Plan Priorities Fund – National Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence (FDSV) Workforce Education on Abuse of Older People at a National level from May 2024 to June 2026.
The National FDSV Workforce Education on Abuse of Older People grant opportunity has $0.943 million (GST exclusive) available over 3 years from 2023–24 to 2025–26.
Older Australians, particularly women and vulnerable cohorts have unique experiences and barriers that lead to increased FDSV.
This grant opportunity is a crucial step to improve awareness, knowledge and responses addressing FDSV of older people living in their homes and not living in residential care. The focus will be on:
- sector workforce identifying and responding to abuse
- community attitudes and reporting
- improving the quality of life of older persons.
Key deliverables include (but not limited to):
- defining the target group/s, ensuring that resources are accessible and culturally appropriate
- undertaking a literature review to determine whether there is evidence-based demand for this
- developing fit for purpose education and awareness raising materials, designed to:
- achieve the desired outcomes in practice
- be flexible so they can be adapted as new evidence emerges
- be shared and adapted appropriately alongside existing resources for this workforce.
To be eligible you must be one of the listed invited organisations and have received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect.
Assessment of applications - March 2024
Approval of outcomes of selection process - April 2024
Notification to applicants - April 2024
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - April 2024
Earliest start date of grant activity - May 2024
End date of grant activity - June 2026
By invitation only.
- National FDSV Workforce Education on Abuse of Older People - Grant Opportunity Guidelines - version 2