Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5008
International Climate Change Engagement Program FY21-22
Show close time for other time zones
The International Climate Change Engagement Program (the Program) will run over four years from 2021-22 to 2024-25.
The objective of the program is:
- To advance Australia’s interests on international climate change action
The intended outcome of the program is:
- To advance Australia’s priorities in implementing the Paris Agreement
Program priorities are:
- To assist developing countries in the Indo-Pacific to meet their Paris commitments through the development and implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
- Support Australia’s negotiating priorities under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), including transparency of countries’ commitments, carbon markets and provision of support.
- Strengthen bilateral relationships with key partners in the Indo-Pacific through practical climate engagement and initiatives, particularly for trade and investment opportunities.
- Achieve regional cooperation on cleaner, more efficient energy generation and use.
- Leverage private sector investment in climate action.
- Other projects that may advance Australia’s interests not covered in the above list (as determined by the Assessment Committee)
For this grant opportunity approximately AUD 6.2 million is available over four years.
It is anticipated that individual grants will be awarded between AUD20,000-500,000. The maximum value of grants awarded, in total, each year will be AUD1,800,000 annually, depending on the available funds, the scope of the grant activities and their complexity.
Grants cannot exceed the amount of available funds.
To be eligible you must:
- be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN)
- an Australian consortium with a lead organisation
- an Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Australian statutory authority
- an international or overseas-based entity, including but not limited to institutions, universities, peak industry bodies, consortia, and research groups.
- and be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines that meets the Child Protection Policy | Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (dfat.gov.au) for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible as per the list above.
Individuals who intend the grant to be administered by a university should apply on behalf of the university, i.e. your university is the applicant.
From $20,000.00 to $500,000.00
Eligible applicants must submit their applications on the dedicated International Climate Change Engagement Program page on the SmartyGrants website.
You can access the application directly from this link - https://ixc.smartygrants.com.au/ICCEProgramFY21-22
Alternatively, you can navigate to https://ixc.smartygrants.com.au/ and click on the relevant grant round sub-page.