Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5110
Northern Australia Development Program – Business Development Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Business Development Grant Opportunity is part of the Northern Australia Development Program which focuses on economic diversification and job creation through support for scaling up and growing businesses, including Indigenous businesses, in Northern Australian communities.
The program has 2 elements:
- grant opportunities, including Business Development Grants and Industry Transformation Grants
- Business Advisory services, which give access to advice and services to build and strengthen businesses.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
Your trading activities must:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation / trust’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation / trust; or
- be a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation / trust.
You must also:
- be a small to medium business – up to 199 employees
- have a minimum eligible project of $100,000.
Your project must:
- be located in or will significantly benefit Northern Australia
- involve scaling up or diversifying a small to medium business.
If you receive a grant, you must work with a Strengthening Northern Australian Business facilitator to develop and implement a business roadmap. The roadmap will include recommendations and opportunities for your business.
We encourage joint applications provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
What the grant money can be used for
Eligible activities may include:
- buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of plant and equipment
- construction and/or fit out of new infrastructure
- relevant training and skills development directly related to your project
- feasibility studies
- process design and engineering
- business planning
- marketing activities
We may also approve other activities.
For more information on eligibility please read the Grant opportunity guidelines.
December 2021 to January 2024.
From $50,000.00 to $2,000,000.00
Applications open Thursday 4 November 2021.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.