Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4589
Safer Communities Fund – Round 6 – Early Intervention Grants
Show close time for other time zones
This round of the Safer Communities Fund targets organisations with demonstrated experience in providing early intervention activities to youth at high risk to prevent them from engaging in criminal activity or anti-social behaviour.
There is approximately $20 million available.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- contribute to the preservation of the safety of Australians through funding local crime prevention activities that address anti-social behaviour by youth at high risk
- help marginalised youth aged 12-24 at high risk to develop life skills, including through educational and vocational skills to prevent them from becoming entrenched in the criminal justice system and to promote inclusion and build community resilience.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and involve youth engagement activities aimed at crime prevention.
Grants available are between $200,000 and $1.5 million. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
You must complete your project by 30 April 2024.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- not be currently funded for an Early Intervention project under Round 5 of the Safer Communities Fund
and be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated association
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the legal entity responsible for the project and is eligible to apply.
You must meet all eligibility criteria set out in section 4 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
This includes the submission with your application of 2 signed eligibility letters on the templates provided that confirms:
- you are active in engaging youth at high risk in your community of focus
- your organisation delivers or has delivered programs that engage youth at-risk of engaging in crime or anti-social behaviour.
From $200,000.00 to $1,500,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/SCF-Early-Intervention
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance