Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5019
Rural and Remote Area Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Renewal
Show close time for other time zones
This grant opportunity assists private diagnostic imaging practices in rural and remote areas to replace or upgrade diagnostic imaging equipment that will have reached its life age or maximum effective life age before 31 December 2022.
To view the grant opportunity documents please select the red “GO Documents” button on the left hand side.
To apply for funding under this grant opportunity:
- you must be the proprietor (or authorised representative of the proprietor) of a diagnostic imaging premises registered with Services Australia with a Location Specific Practice Number (LSPN);
- the practice must be a private practice as identified in the LSPN register for the site as at 11 May 2021;
- the premises at which the equipment is stationed must be located in a region classified as Modified Monash Model (MMM) classification 3-7;
- the equipment must have a current exemption from the capital sensitivity provision due to the location of the practice (for providers with an inner regional exemption, see further requirement below);
- the diagnostic imaging equipment will have reached it’s life age or maximum effective life age before 31 December 2022 (inclusive); and
- the equipment must be one of the following types:
- computed tomography (CT)
- nuclear medicine imaging equipment (gamma camera).
Providers in MMM3-7 with currently approved inner regional (ASGC-RA 2) exemptions are not automatically eligible for a grant. You will be asked in your application to provide evidence that the practice still meets the following legislative criteria for an inner regional exemption:
- the equipment is operated on a rare and sporadic basis and
- crucial patient access to diagnostic imaging services is provided.
Submit your application by the closing date and time using the Online Application Form Link located via the "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
Once you have submitted your application using the online application form link you will receive an automatic email with your Submission Reference ID. Retain this number if you wish to query your application with the Department.
Please only submit your attachments in .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.