Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4792
eSafety Commissioner: Online Safety Grants Program Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
The eSafety Commissioner’s Online Safety Grants Program (OSGP) is part of the Australian Government's commitment to keeping children and young people safe online.
Grant funding of between $80,000 and $1 million is available to assist non-government organisations (NGOs) deliver online safety education to children, young people and their communities, or training to those who work with them.
$9 million in grant funding has been allocated across three rounds over 2020 to 2022. Up to $4.5m will be allocated under Round 2, which will open on 27 April 2021.
This is an open competitive grants program for NGOs registered as not-for-profit charitable organisations with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission.
We are seeking applications from NGOs that can demonstrate an ability to use evidence-based research and best practice in online safety education to develop services, resources and products that provide new solutions for improving online safety. These can be:
- for use in schools and other places of learning
- designed for parents and carers, communities or support workers
- focused on at-risk communities
- aimed at scaling up new services, resources or products.
For information regarding the eligibility requirements for this grant opportunity, please refer to the Online Safety Grants Program Guidelines (see Grant Opportunity Documents).
Projects funded by the Online Safety Grants Program must be delivered within 18 months of the project's agreed start date. Following the completion of the project, an evaluation period of up to six months will be required.
From $80,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
Before beginning an application, the Online Safety Grants Program Guidelines should be read in conjunction with the Sample Commonwealth Standard Grant Agreement (see Grant Opportunity Documents).
Applications for this grant opportunity must be submitted via the online application form available at https://esafety.smartygrants.com.au/eSafetyGrants2
Posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications open 11:00am (AEST) Tuesday 27 April 2021 and close 5:00pm (AEST) Tuesday 25 May 2021
Supporting Documentation Required
In preparing your application, you will need to provide the following supporting documents:
- evidence of support from your organisation's Board (CEO or equivalent)
- evidence of intention to provide or develop child safety guidelines or policy for your project, if it involves people under the age of 18 years, and
- an accountant declaration that states that the applicant is financially viable and that the grant funds sought will not be used to pay for any of the applicant’s business as usual running costs.