Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6713
Invitation to Apply for Round 15 of the Supporting people with cancer Grant opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
Cancer Australia is inviting community organisations and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations to apply for funding under the Supporting people with cancer Grant Initiative (SPWC).
For the first time, investment through the SPWC is guided by the Australian Cancer Plan (the Plan) strategic objectives and aligns with achieving equity in cancer outcome for all Australians.The purpose of the SPWC Round 15 is to support people affected by cancer through actions to improve equity in cancer outcomes and experiences.
Grants must support at least one or more of the priority populations groups identified in the Plan and/or demonstrate direct improvements in outcomes for people whose outcomes are inequitable, for example, people impacted by rare or less common cancers with poor outcomes.
The minimum grant amount is $40,000 (GST excl) for a one-year project, the maximum grant amount is $120,000 (GST excl) for a three-year project.
Two categories of organisations are eligible to receive a grant where they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Community organisation registered with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC) and can demonstrate strong linkages with community.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island organisations registered with ACNC or Office of Registrar of Indigenous Corporations and can demonstrate strong linkages with community.
Please refer to Section 4.1 and Section 4.2 of Grant Opportunity Guidelines for more information on eligibility.
Expected timing for this Grant Opportunity:
- Assessment of applications - March to April 2024
- Approval of outcomes of selection process - April to May 2024
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements - May 2024
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants - June to July 2024
- Earliest start date of successful projects - 1 July 2024
From $40,000.00 to $120,000.00
To apply you must:
- complete the relevant application form
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and the assessment criteria
- submit your application to email@example.com by 2:00pm on 29 February 2024.
Please refer to the Australian Cancer Plan available at www.australiancancerplan.gov.au/ for more information on priority population groups and the six Strategic Objectives where national focus and effort are required to deliver better outcomes for the next decade and beyond.