Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4990
Home Care Workforce Support Program
Show close time for other time zones
Nine grants will be provided to organisations or consortia to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to attract, train and support the retention of an additional 13,000 Personal Care Workers (PCWs) nationally to the home care sector by June 2023.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support the home care sector to attract, train and retain an additional 13,000 PCWs in order to support growing demand for consumer access to home care;
- assist new PCWs (e.g. students and new entrants) to receive the skills and training required to deliver quality aged care services;
- enhance the skills of the existing workforce to ensure better support for new PCWs to the home care workforce to help improve retention; and
- provide targeted support to aged care providers to promote consumer access to home care in rural and remote areas (MMM 6-7), this category could include residential aged care providers or other care services in those regions.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left hand side.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an organisation listed below or a consortium led by one of the following type of organisations:
- Approved home care service providers
- Aged care peaks/industry bodies
- Recruitment agencies, employment service providers and Australian Apprenticeship Support Network providers
- Registered Training Organisations who currently offer nationally recognised care training AND receive State/Territory government funding
- Group training organisations who currently provide care training
- Online care brokerage platform suppliers
- Community Development Employment Project Providers
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations
- Consultancy/business advice firms who currently provide advice to the care sector.
Please submit only one application, even if you intend to apply for more than one grant.
Once you have submitted your application using the online application form link you will receive an automatic email with your Submission Reference ID. Retain this number if you wish to query your application with the Department.
Note the 2mb limit per attachment in the application form. Multiple files/documents should be scanned into a single document. Compressed or zip files are not accepted. File names must be unique and not include foreign characters.
Applicants MUST attach key documents, including:
- The Applicant Information Pack, which includes the Activity Work Plan, Indicative Budget, Government Funding Declaration and Risk Management Plan.
- Evidence of financial viability, e.g. financial statements, loan agreements, cash flow documents.
- Evidence of existing relationships, including letters of support from stakeholders in the region you are applying for.
- Evidence of support from all consortia members (if applicable).
- Evidence of support from the home care sector in the eligible location you are applying for.
NB - If you or a member of your consortium are a registered training organisation, group training organisation or a business advice firm you MUST provide evidence that you have worked in the care sector.