Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6319
Electronic National Residential Medication Chart - Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government has made up to $30 million (GST Exclusive) available for the eNRMC Adoption grant opportunity, under the Supporting Medication Management in Residential Aged Care Initiative. The desired outcome of the grant opportunity is to increase the use of eNRMC products in Residential Aged Care Services (RACS), National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care (NATSIFAC) residential services and multi-purpose services (MPSs) that provide residential aged care services.
The use of eNRMC products provide significant benefits to Australians within these settings, improving health outcomes by enhancing quality use of medicines, improved medication management and medication safety practices. Through real-time medication ordering and administration recording, an eNRMC system enables aged care staff, prescribers, and suppliers to reduce medication errors and gain greater flexibility and coordination in the way their services are delivered. It also supports consumer-centred care and enhances communication between all those supporting the resident’s clinical care.
The grant opportunity is designed to help defray the costs associated with implementing a conformant eNRMC product, such as software and hardware costs, change management processes and staff training.
Grant recipients will have 12 months from the date of their grant agreement to adopt a conformant product. A conformant eNRMC product is one that meets all state/territory requirements and is either:
- an Electronic Prescribing Conformant eNRMC product listed on the Electronic Prescribing Conformance Register; or
- approved by the Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency) as a Transitional eNRMC Product and listed on the Transitional eNRMC Conformance Register.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left-hand side.
To apply for funding under this grant opportunity you must:
- be one of the following:
- a residential aged care service (RACS)
- a National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care (NATSIFAC) provider that delivers residential services, or
- a Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) providing residential aged care services (including those operated by State and Territory governments)
- have a current and valid residential aged care service unique system identifier issued by the Commonwealth, such as a RACS ID or National Approved Provider Service (NAPS) ID
- undertake to implement a Transitional eNRMC Product or Electronic Prescribing Conformant eNRMC Product within 12 months of executing a grant agreement. The product must be listed on the Electronic Prescribing Conformance Register or Transitional eNRMC Conformance Register.
Submit your application online by the closing date and time using the online application form link located via the "GO Documents" button on the left-hand side.
Once you have submitted your application using the online application form link you will receive an automatic email with your Submission Reference ID. Retain this number if you wish to query your application with the Department.
Please note, an application must be lodged for each service seeking grant funding. An application for multiple services cannot be considered.
Note the 2mb limit per attachment in the application form. Multiple files/documents should be scanned into a single document. Compressed or zip files are not accepted. File names must be unique and not include foreign characters.