Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5614
Fostering Integration Grants (FIGs)
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations in an open process to apply to deliver grants under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program – Fostering Integration Grant Scheme from 2022 to 2023.
The underlying principles of the Fostering Integration Grants are to:
- assist migrants to integrate into Australian social, economic and civic life
- support small culturally diverse community organisations and groups in Australia that provide cultural activities, and community programs and events
- build upon Australia’s multicultural success with a particular focus on building social cohesion.
Australia is a multicultural society. Almost half of our current population was either born overseas or has at least one parent born overseas. We have flourished in part thanks to our multicultural and multi-faith diversity, underpinned by our inclusive national identity and shared Australian values. We do not take our unity and prosperity for granted. Communities and community organisations play a critical role in supporting and building our social cohesion and keeping communities strong, cohesive and prosperous.
To be eligible you must be a not-for-profit organisation, which is legally registered in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association.
See the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for further information.
- Assessment of applications – June to October 2022
- Approval of outcomes of selection process – October 2022
- Negotiations and award of grant agreements – October to November 2022
- Notification to unsuccessful applicants – October 2022
- Earliest start date of grant activity – 6 January 2023
- End date of grant activity – 12 months after execution of the agreement.
To apply, go to the application form here.
Please use the latest version:
- GO5614 - Questions and Answers updated 9 June 2022.