Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4453
MRFF 2020 Quality, Safety and Effectiveness of Medicine Use and Medicine Intervention by Pharmacists Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The 2020 Quality, Safety and Effectiveness of Medicine Use and Medicine Intervention by Pharmacists grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and the Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative.
It will support research to
- test innovative public health approaches
- identify innovative approaches to treat and manage chronic and complex diseases
- improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of preventive healthcare interventions
It will provide grants to support medical research and innovation projects that create or adapt:
Projects should aim to improve medicine use and medicine intervention by pharmacists in primary health and transitions of care. They should target improvements to quality, safety and effectiveness. The projects should also align with relevant peak or representative bodies to help national implementation.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians.
It will promote the safe and effective use of medicines, particularly in high-risk groups and settings such as:
- the elderly
- people with complex chronic diseases
- rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- culturally and linguistically diverse people and communities
- aged care facilities
It also aims to reduce adverse drug events and medicine-related hospital admissions.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
You must also be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
We encourage joint applications provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
We can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your nominated Chief Investigator A (CIA), the person who will take the lead role in conducting the project
- details of all members of your research team are listed as Chief Investigators (CIs)
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable
From $0.00 to $2,500,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/mrff-miu
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.