Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4665
Show close time for other time zones
The IFAM program is a temporary, emergency measure in response to an extraordinary situation. The IFAM program gives Australian businesses more time to re-engineer their business models and adjust to a new and more challenging environment created by COVID-19.
The intended outcomes of the IFAM grants are to:
• increase the volume of Australian outbound freight (and inbound medical supplies) to encourage the return of international freight providers;
• reduce the impact on exporters of Australian high-value and time-sensitive perishable products, of freight cost increases caused by the COVID-19 impact; and
• enable Australian exporters of high-value and time-sensitive perishable products to keep exporting and thereby keep Australian employees in jobs during the economic crisis caused by COVID-19.
To be eligible to receive a grant the prospective grantee must be providing freight forwarding services or airfreight services for eligible products on behalf of an Australian business/company which must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be registered for the purposes of GST
• be a permanent resident of Australia
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
To be eligible, the grant activity must be:
• an outgoing flight carrying Australian high-value and time-sensitive perishable products to key Australian markets for that product, which was requested by, and arranged in conjunction with, an Australian exporter of that product; or
• an incoming flight carrying medical supplies, medicines and equipment to support Australia’s health response or items of national significance.
The grant can only be used for the purpose of partially offsetting the agreed increased cost of freight for export or import of the eligible products, resulting from COVID-19.
To apply you must:
• complete the online SmartyGrants application form on https://IFAM.smartygrants.com.au/exportgrants
• provide all the information requested
• address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
• include all necessary attachments