Current Grant Opportunity View - GO6557
Aged Care Registered Nurses' Payment to reward clinical skills and leadership – Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
In Round 2, payments up to $6,000 (GST not applicable) will be available per eligible Registered Nurse working in aged care.
This round will accept applications for Registered Nurses who were employed by the same eligible employer (see section 3 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for eligibility details) during the entire eligibility period of 1 November 2022 to 31 October 2023. Applications for this grant opportunity must be submitted by the employer. Employers should discuss this grant opportunity with their employees prior to the submission of the application.
To be eligible to receive a payment under this grant opportunity, Registered Nurses must hold general registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Nursing (nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au)) as a Registered Nurse (Division 1).
Registered Nurses must have been employed by the same eligible employer for the full period of 1 November 2022 to 31 October 2023 to receive the 12-month payment, or have been employed by the same eligible employer for the full eligibility period of 1 May 2023 to 31 October 2023 to receive a 6-month payment.
Applications for Registered Nurses eligible for either 12-month or 6-month periods can be lodged at the same time.
Successful applicants must make full payment of grant funds to eligible Registered Nurses within 8 weeks after receiving the grant funds.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "Grant Opportunity Documents" button on the left-hand side.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant
Eligible employers applying on behalf of eligible Registered Nurses must be:
- Australian Government funded;
- Approved Residential Aged Care Providers;
- Home Care Package Providers, including Commonwealth Home Support Program and Transitional Care.
- Multipurpose Service Providers in respect to aged care services only.
- Providers that offer aged care services under the Commonwealth National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program.
- Self-employed Nurse Practitioners who work in one or more of the above organisation types. Self-employed Nurse Practitioners will be required to identify the aged care providers to which they are contracted to provide aged care services.
- Eligible aged care providers may only apply in respect of eligible Registered Nurses who they directly employ. Registered Nurses working for Agencies/Brokers are not eligible for payments under this grant.
Registered nurse core payment eligibility requirements
A Registered Nurse will be eligible to receive a core payment if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Holds general registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse (Division 1). For the entire eligibility period. This includes Nurse Practitioners.
- Employed by an eligible employer listed in section 3.1
- Working in aged care, including management, training or administration roles. Where an eligible Registered Nurse provides both eligible (aged care) and ineligible (e.g., disability and veterans care) services, payments will be calculated based on only the time delivering aged care.
- Employed by the same employer during the entire eligibility period.
- Registered Nurses on extended periods of paid or unpaid leave (i.e. parental leave and long service leave) are entitled to receive the payment based on average hours worked per week for the three months prior to, or after returning from, leave.
From $100.00 to $6,000.00
Submit the completed application form and all necessary attachments by the closing date and time via the Online Application Form document located via the "Grant Opportunity Documents" button on the left-hand side.
You should keep a copy of your application and any supporting documents. You will receive an automated email notification acknowledging the receipt of the submission which includes your Submission Reference ID. Retain this ID if you wish to query your application. If you do not receive an automated email notification within 48 hours of submission, please email Grant.ATM@health.gov.au.
Note the 2MB limit per attachment in the application form. You must provide the Staffing Profile Spreadsheet as an Excel spreadsheet. Compressed or zip files are not accepted. File names must be unique and not include foreign characters.