Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO5731
Visions of Australia - Round 15
1800 590 577
Show close time for other time zones
The Visions of Australia Program provides funding to support the development and touring of quality exhibitions to regional and remote Australia by Australian arts and cultural organisations .
The objectives of the Visions of Australia Program are to:
- increase access for Australian audiences to exhibitions of quality Australian arts and cultural material, with a particular focus on regional and remote Australia
- encourage partnerships between organisations such as museums and galleries, particularly collaboration across the collections sector, to form curatorial partnerships and where appropriate, access to mentoring and skills transfer opportunities.
Program funding is delivered through two streams:
- Development: for the costs of planning and producing an exhibition to tour. This includes research and design.
- Touring: for the costs to produce the exhibition and the costs to transport, install and dismantle the exhibition as well as deliver public programs.
The Program delivers two funding rounds each year usually closing in March and September. The Minister for the Arts (or his delegate) approves funding under the Program Guidelines.
Funding is available through annual or multi-year funding agreements, subject to available funds. There is no funding cap for individual applications.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian incorporated organisation
- have as your principal purpose the arts and/or cultural heritage (usually defined in the organisation’s Constitution or Articles of Association, and reflected in the Annual Report and Business Plans)
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST), if required by the Australian Tax Office
- not have any outstanding reports, acquittals or serious breaches relating to any Commonwealth funding.
Unincorporated groups with an arts or cultural heritage purpose may seek funding but must be auspiced by an organisation that meets the above criteria and applies on their behalf. Individual business units and entities of local government or state government authorities with an arts or cultural heritage purpose (such as art galleries, museums or performing arts centres) are eligible to apply.
For projects commencing after 1 January 2023.
Apply online via https://www.arts.gov.au/funding-and-support/visions-australia
1800 590 577