Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4464
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund – Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
Round 2 of the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund supports manufacturers by co-funding capital investments and associated reskilling to:
- adopt new technologies
- encourage innovation
- become more productive and competitive in the market and
- create more jobs.
The program aims to support small to medium manufacturing enterprises (SMEs) through:
- investment in transformative manufacturing technology and processes
- jobs growth and a more highly skilled workforce in the manufacturing sector.
Round 2 will run over 3 years (2020-21 to 2022-23) and supports transformative investments in technologies and processes including:
- buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing plant and equipment
- integrating production-related software that is directly related to your capital investment
- relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes
- process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment.
The maximum project period is 2 years.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be non-tax exempt
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups, and a trading corporation where your trading activities:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of your overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of your corporation.
You must also be:
- a manufacturing small and medium-sized Australian enterprise (SME) with up to 199 employees (headcount)
- have a minimum of $400,000 in eligible project expenditure
- able to identify the level of Australian job creation expected from your project
- able to demonstrate your project aligns with one or more of the six National Manufacturing Priorities:
- resources technology and critical minerals processing
- food and beverage
- medical products
- recycling and clean energy
You must also be able to provide evidence that:
- the project is supported by your board
- you can complete the project
- you can meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
For more information on eligibility please read the Grant opportunity guidelines.
From $100,000.00 to $1,000,000.00
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/mmf
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.