Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO5868
Safe and Together Community Grants Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting community organisations to apply for a grant under the Safe and Together Community Grants Program (the program).
The program will enable communities and organisations to deliver activities and programs to support, at the earliest possible stage, individuals who may be vulnerable to developing extremist views and behaviours.
Three categories of activities will be considered for funding:
- activities that strengthen the Australian community’s broader awareness of and resistance to extremism
- activities that empower communities and families to engage with vulnerable young people
- activities that support individuals and their families who are successfully disengaging from extremist views.
The outcomes that the program will aim to achieve are:
- across Australia, communities will gain a general understanding of the nature of extremism and how to improve individual and community resilience to it
- at all levels, people will work together to identify risks and triggers that may lead vulnerable young people to extremist views and behaviours, and learn how to foster protective factors against those risks
- communities and organisations will be skilled in engaging and facilitating discussion with young people about violent extremist issues
- vulnerable young people are referred to appropriate support programs at an early stage, to reduce the risk of them becoming violent.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) where applicable
- be registered for the purposes of GST where applicable
- be an organisation that is wholly based in Australia, with office holders who are Australian citizens or permanent residents
- have a banking account with an Australian financial institution
- be one of the eligible entity types listed in section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Assessment of applications - within 4 weeks from the closing date
Approval of outcomes of selection process - within 12 weeks from the closing date
Notification to unsuccessful applicants - within 13 weeks from the closing date
Negotiations and award of grant agreements - within 22 weeks from the closing date
Earliest start date of grant activity - June 2023
End date of grant activity - June 2024
To apply, you must:
- complete the online application form, please see 'Submit Application'
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application to the Community Grants Hub by 9:00 pm AEDT on 12 January 2023.
- use Questions and Answers document Version 7 - 12 January 2023
- use Grant Opportunity Guidelines - 21 December 2022
- a video recording of the community information session supporting this grant opportunity is available on the Department of Home Affairs website.