Current Grant Opportunity View - GO5206
Northern Australia Business and Community Growth Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Northern Australia Business and Community Growth Program will assist community organisations and other entities (including sole traders and partnerships), to support business growth, improve social and economic infrastructure, increase community amenity and liveability and deliver employment outcomes. The program will run over 5 years from 2021–22.
The Northern Australia Business and Community Growth Program aims to:
- increase employment opportunities
- increase business turnover and profitability
- increase diversification of business in Northern Australia
- improve community amenity and liveability.
The grants available will be up to 50% of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage)
- The minimum grant amount is $50,000
- The maximum grant amount is $2 million.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated association
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a sole trader (an individual running a business)
- a partnership
- a non-distributive co-operative
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
If you are applying as an incorporated association or not for profit organisation, you must demonstrate your entity status in your application.
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 7.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
To be eligible, your project must have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure, and be aimed at:
- scaling up or diversifying an organisation
- improving social and economic infrastructure
- increasing community amenity and liveability.
It must also deliver one or more of these eligible project types:
- projects for the benefit of Indigenous people or communities
- projects undertaken in or relating to a territory
- projects that support or promote interstate and overseas trade and commerce
- projects that are delivered through, or facilitate the use of, a relevant communications service
- projects that increase employment.
Further information on eligibility can be found in the grant opportunity guidelines.
December 2021 to March 2024
From $50,000.00 to $2,000,000.00
Applications open 6 December 2021.
To apply, go to: business.gov.au/nadpbcgg
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.