Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO4740
Tourism Aviation Network Support Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Program contributes to the Australian Government’s continued economic response to the Coronavirus, providing financial assistance to Australia’s tourism and aviation sectors to assist with the impact on the aviation sector from COVID-19. The Program was announced as part of the Tourism and Aviation’s Flight Path To Recovery announcement, found at:
The objective of the program is to generate a further 800,000 fares connecting visitors to these tourist-dependent regions over the Program Travel Period. The Program will drive more domestic tourists to travel to nominated tourism regions that have been significantly impacted by the loss of international tourists. This will support jobs and have an economic multiplier effect, as travellers spend money on accommodation, food and activities in these regions.
The tickets will be available for purchase under the Program from 1 April to 31 July 2021, to support designated regions and on eligible Regular Public Transport (RPT) air routes, for travel up to and including 30 September 2021.
Grant Assistance is available for eligible RPT airlines operating on eligible routes to the identified tourism regions. Assistance is available to support the sale of discounted across eligible routes; and to provide additional air capacity on selected routes to support the objective.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- operate scheduled services as Regular Public Transport (RPT) services under an RPT Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) or be able to operate RPT services during the program period
- be an airline that operated RPT flights on any interstate, direct route to any of the nominated destinations in Table 1 over the last two years (except where there are no interstate direct routes to the destination, in which case the intra-state, direct routes or the inter-state indirect route would apply); or that announced prior to 11 March 2021 that it would operate such routes during the program period of 1 July to 30 September 2021.
- be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application via email to email@example.com.