Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4215
Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19
Show close time for other time zones
The Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19 (SACWIC) grant opportunity is designed to assist approved Residential Aged Care providers, approved National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) providers and approved Home Care providers to minimise the risk of infection to aged care workers, residents and other consumers of aged care service.
Examples of eligible workforce costs under SACWIC are those that will support eligible workers:
- who normally work at multiple residential aged care facilities, but will be working solely at the facility being applied for;
- who are not to work because they have been experiencing COVID 19 symptoms, have been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive, require testing or are subject to self-isolation or quarantine requirements; or
- to undertake training in the event a skills gap arises from where existing workers are not to work due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or are subject to self-isolation or quarantine requirements.
Importantly, the guidelines require that employees work at the site where they usually work the most hours, or where they will be able to work the most hours over the eight-week period.
To view the grant opportunity documents, please select the red "GO Documents" button on the left-hand side.
For full eligibility requirements, please refer to Section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines. At a minimum to be eligible a provider must:
1. Be an approved Residential Aged Care provider or an approved NATSIFACP provider or an approved Home Care provider;
2. Be incurring additional costs as a result of supporting eligible workers; and:
3. Be either located inside a hotspot listed in Appendix 1 and/or have workers that work in a hotspot.
4. Providers are expected to submit an application for out of pocket expenses at the end of the activity period. A provider may elect to apply earlier if significant financial strain is being experienced and this will be assessed on a case by case basis.
From $0.00 to $128,497,000.00
Once you have completed the application form, you must submit it electronically by using the submission section at the end of the application form. Following electronic submission, a message with your Submission Reference ID will appear on your screen. An email will be sent to the main email contact provided in the application form.
Please ensure you complete and attach the latest version of the Application Spreadsheet and refer to most recent documents before submitting the online application form.