Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4215
Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19
Show close time for other time zones
The Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19 (SACWIC) Grant Opportunity is designed to assist approved Residential Aged Care providers, approved National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) providers and approved Home Care providers to minimise the risk of infection to aged care workers, residents and other consumers of aged care service. Examples of eligible workforce costs under SACWIC are those that will support eligible workers:
• who normally work at multiple residential aged care facilities, but will be working solely at the facility being applied for;
• who are not to work because they have been experiencing COVID 19 symptoms, have been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive, require testing or are subject to self-isolation or quarantine requirements;
• to undertake training in the event a skills gap arises from where existing workers are not to work due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or are subject to self-isolation or quarantine requirements.
Importantly, the guidelines require that employees work at the site where they usually work the most hours, or where they will be able to work the most hours over the eight week period.
Eligibility to this grant program is restricted to the COVID 19 hotspots in Appendix 1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines (Greater Melbourne and Mitchell Shire).
Select the "GO Documents" red button (on the left-hand side) to view all Grant Opportunity documentation. Please ensure you use the latest version (Version 5) of the Application Spreadsheet. The latest version must be attached to your application form.
Please also note an updated version of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines (Version 3) is now available on GrantConnect and you should refer to this for the latest information. This version includes changes (in yellow) from previous versions of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and reflects all amendments via addenda published for this grant opportunity.
For full eligibility requirements, please refer to Section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
At a minimum to be eligible a provider must:
1. Be an approved Residential Aged Care provider or an approved NATSIFACP provider or an approved Home Care provider; and
2. Be incurring additional costs as a result of supporting eligible workers; and:
3. Be either located inside a hotspot listed in Appendix A and/or have workers that work in a hotspot.
Once you have completed the application form, you must submit it electronically by using the submission section at the end of the application form.
Following electronic submission, a message with your Submission Reference ID will appear on your screen. An email will be sent to the main email contact provided in the application form.
Please ensure you complete and attach the SACWIC Application Spreadsheet Version 5 (updated 21/10/2020) before submitting the online application form.