Grant Award View - GA25286
The purpose of the grant is to establish the necessary planning to support the development, operation and future ownership of a commercial scale facility to use thermochemical conversion technology for asbestos waste remediation as an alternative to landfill and the development's overall value for money. Eligible grant activities include development of:
- business case which demonstrates the capacity and capability of the recipient to successfully build the proposed facility including an overview of thermochemical conversion technology for managing waste asbestos; identification of required engineering and design work; and access to relevant resources, technical skills and experience
- the business model to operate the proposed facility including financial viability, cost benefit analysis, technology licencing arrangements; ownership and operator arrangements; an identified customer base, proposed supply arrangements and market analysis for the by-product produced
- ownership options for the proposed facility
- a detailed project plan for construction and commissioning for the proposed facility including project scope, milestones, timeframes, key suppliers and stakeholders, deliverables and outcomes, detailed cost-estimate
- a regulatory approval plan which identifies all necessary approvals and dependencies, and options for location of the proposed facility
- a 10% concept and engineering design for the proposed facility including cost estimate developed by a qualified quantity surveyor.