Forecast Opportunity View - MRFF 2020 QSEMU MIP
MRFF 2020 Quality, Safety and Effectiveness of Medicine Use and Medicine Intervention by Pharmacists Grant Opportunity
The 2020 Quality, Safety and Effectiveness of Medicine Use and Medicine Intervention by Pharmacists grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and the Preventive and Public Health Research Initiative.
It will support research to:
- test innovative public health approaches
- identify innovative approaches to treat and manage chronic and complex diseases
- improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of preventive healthcare interventions
It will provide grants to support medical research and innovation projects that create or adapt:
Projects should aim to improve medicine use and medicine intervention by pharmacists in primary health and transitions of care. They should target improvements to quality, safety and effectiveness. The projects should also align with relevant peak or representative bodies to help national implementation.
The intended outcome of the research funded by this grant opportunity is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians.
It will promote the safe and effective use of medicines, particularly in high-risk groups and settings such as:
- the elderly
- people with complex chronic diseases
- rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- culturally and linguistically diverse people and communities
- aged care facilities
It also aims to reduce adverse drug events and medicine-related hospital admissions.