Forecast Opportunity View - NHMRC-EU 2021 for funding commencing in 2022
2021 National Health and Medical Research Council-European Union Collaborative Research Grant Scheme
The NHMRC-EU Scheme provides a contribution to eligible Australian institutions & researchers participating in international collaborative research that has been selected for funding through Horizon Europe (HE). HE is the EU’s main instrument for funding research & development.
Further information on HE including the timing & application process for EU topics is available from the EU website:
Projects involving Australian researchers, based in Australia that are chosen by the EU for funding, may be eligible for NHMRC support.
NHMRC is considering supporting Australian researchers for the following HE 2021 research topics:
- Towards a molecular and neurobiological understanding of mental health and mental illness for the benefit of citizens and patients
- Indoor air quality and health
- Improved supportive, palliative, survivorship and end-of-life care of cancer patients
- Clinical validation of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for treatment and care
- Personalised medicine and infectious diseases: understanding the individual host response to viruses (e.g. SARS-CoV-2)
- Enhancing quality of care and patient safety
- Smart medical devices and their surgical implantation for use in resource-constrained settings
- Next generation advanced therapies to treat highly prevalent and high burden diseases with unmet medical needs