Forecast Opportunity View - PFAS
PFAS (per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances) Remediation Research Program - Round 2
The objectives of the Program are to develop technologies which will do one or more of the following:
- immobilise PFAS and prevent its movement in the environment
- remove PFAS from soil, water and/or waste
- breakdown PFAS by destroying the carbon-fluorine bonds, to form environmentally benign products with limited adverse environmental outcomes
- establish the potential for relevant technologies developed to be deployed in the field to treat contaminated soil, waterways, waste, debris and/or large volumes of groundwater
- develop technologies that can be scaled up for efficient and effective field deployment.