Forecast Opportunity View - NHMRC CDF for funding in 2019
NHMRC Career Development Fellowships for funding commencing in 2019
This Forecast Opportunity provides the Career Development Fellowships Scheme-Specific Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2019.
Career Development Fellowships (CDFs) are highly competitive, four year Fellowships that recognise and provide support for the most outstanding early to mid-career health and medical researchers in each Fellowship category. CDFs can be applied for at one of two levels depending on the applicant’s career stage – CDF Level 1 or CDF Level 2.
The specific objectives of the CDF scheme are to:
- enable investigators to establish themselves as independent, self-directed researchers
- expand capacity for clinical, population health, biomedical and bioinformatics research, and for evidence-based policy development in Australian health systems
- encourage the translation of research outcomes into practice
- bridge the gap between research and industry
- provide a means for Australian researchers working overseas to return to Australia to continue their career development.
Opportunities for funding for CDFs will be advertised as a Grant Opportunity on GrantConnect, on 17 January 2018.
2018 NHMRC Funding Rules
2018 NHMRC Funding Rules.pdf 104 KB
2018 Career Development Fellowships Scheme-Specific Funding Rules
2018 Career Development Fellowships Scheme-Specific Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2019.pdf 187 KB