Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1707
Regional Employment Trials
The Regional Employment Trials program provides local stakeholders in selected regions, including businesses, not-for-profits and local government agencies, with grants to trial local approaches to delivering employment related projects. Regions are primarily based on Regional Development Australia boundaries, unless indicated otherwise.
The objectives of the program are to deliver:
strong connections between regional stakeholders, including employment services providers.
employment initiatives that meet local needs.
improved awareness of local labour markets.
the potential for improved regional employment outcomes.
The minimum grant amount is $7,500.
The maximum grant amount is $200,000.
The grant amount will be up to 75 per cent of eligible project costs.
You must complete your project before 31 May 2021.
To be eligible you must:
have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
implement the project in one of the eligible trial regions.
And be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a local government agency or body as defined in appendix A
- a Regional Development Australia committee.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a Commonwealth, State or Territory government body (including government business enterprises) unless acting as the legal entity for an unincorporated Regional Development Australia committee.
- a trust (however an incorporated trustee can apply on behalf of a trust).
To be eligible your project must:
- provide opportunities and assistance to help unemployed people prepare for and find work
- have at least $10,000 in eligible expenditure.
We will close this grant opportunity when the funding runs out in all the regions.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/ret.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.