Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO1551
Regional Airport Security Screening Fund
Show close time for other time zones
The objective of the program is to support eligible regional airports in moving quickly to implement new aviation security screening requirements.
$50.1 million is available over four years for the program which includes $49.195 million for grants.
The program is restricted to pre-identified eligible regional airports invited to apply. Home Affairs consulted with eligible airports prior to the program opening for applications. During the consultation process, Home Affairs determined the individual security screening equipment requirements and maximum grant amount for each airport.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs. Grant amounts for individual airports are pre-determined by Home Affairs based on a set cost to replace existing or purchase new aviation security screening equipment where necessary, to meet requirements that apply to that airport.
Project activities can include:
- acquisition, and commissioning of approved aviation security screening equipment
- upgrade of existing equipment to meet the same specifications (hardware and software) of approved aviation security screening equipment and commissioning
- acquisition and commissioning of any equipment that is directly associated with the new aviation security screening equipment such as roller beds, trays and perspex shields
- capital works to accommodate new aviation security screening equipment that is pre-approved by the Home Affairs prior to making an application, and which is detailed in your invitation to apply. Home Affairs contacted those airports that are eligible to undertake capital works prior to the round for applications opening.
The Approved Aviation Security Screening Equipment list is available at govdex.gov.au. If you require access please contact the Department of Home Affairs by email at email@example.com.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be invited to apply as an eligible regional airport or entity formally authorised by the eligible airport.
The Department of Home Affairs determined which regional airports were eligible based on:
- departing passenger data held by the BITRE from the 2017 calendar year
- seating capacity of the aircraft hosted by the airport and
- details of the aviation security screening equipment in use as at 8 May 2018.
We can only accept applications:
- where you can provide a letter from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet any costs not covered by grant funding.
To be eligible your project must be consistent with the information contained in your invitation to apply for grant funding.
If you believe your airport requires aviation security screening equipment that was not included in your invitation to apply for funding, you should contact Home Affairs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a review of the funding allocated. Home Affairs will assess your case against the eligibility criteria and available program funds and we will notify you of the outcome. You should not submit your application until you have been notified of the outcome.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/rassf
Eligible airports have been invited to apply for the program and provided a link to the application form.