Current Grant Opportunity View - GO4068
Aged Care Workforce Retention
Show close time for other time zones
The purpose of the grant opportunity is to provide eligible aged care providers and agencies with funding to make retention bonus payments to Eligible Aged Care Workers in the residential aged care and Home Care Packages Program. For residential aged care workers, this includes registered nurses, enrolled nurses and personal care workers who are directly in contact with the resident to assist with dressing, showering, wound management, medication, movement, feeding, hygiene and grooming or similar direct care activities.
For home care workers delivering home care under an approved home care package, it includes clinical support, personal care (showering, dressing etc), cleaning and support with household tasks, meal preparation, social support, shopping services, community access, transport, allied health and respite services.
The Aged Care Workforce Retention Grant Program will run over two financial years from 2019-20 to 2020-21.
Payments are based on the average weekly hours worked by the Eligible Aged Care Worker over the four week period prior to the application date (for the first grant payment) and 31 August 2020 (for the second payment):
- An Agency is to apply for Eligible Aged Care Workers employed by the agency.
- A provider of approved residential aged care and/or home care under the Home Care Packages Program can apply for Eligible Aged Care Workers employed by the provider, including those who are working across multiple locations for the one provider.
Select the "GO Documents" red button (on the left-hand side) to view all Grant Opportunity documentation.
We can only accept applications from:
- Australian Government funded:
- Approved Residential Aged Care Providers;
- Approved Home Care Providers;
- State / Local Government Approved Residential Aged Care and/or Home Care Providers;
- Multipurpose Service Providers;
- Providers delivering aged care services under the Commonwealth National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program.
- Agencies employing aged care workers who are at the first Census Date contracted to provide services for the aged care providers listed above that are eligible to apply for this grant. (Agencies will be required to identify the applicable aged care providers with whom they are contracted to provide aged care workers).
- To avoid doubt, eligible aged care providers may apply in respect of Eligible Aged Care Workers they employ; but they are not eligible apply and to receive grant funding in respect of Eligible Aged Care Workers working for them that are employed by Agencies as the agency will apply for them.
Please submit your application using the appropriate version of the Staffing Profile Spreadsheet and the link below to the online application form:
Once you have completed the application form, you must submit it electronically by using the submission section at the end of the application form.
Following electronic submission, a message with your Submission Reference ID will appear on your screen. An email will be sent to the main email contact provided in the application form.
Please ensure you complete and attach your Eligible Aged Care Worker Staffing Profile Spreadsheet before submitting the online application form.