Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3236
GO3236 - Rural Health Outreach Fund
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government has committed $116 million (GST exclusive) over four years from 2020-21 to 2023-24 to improve health outcomes for people living in regional, rural and remote locations by supporting the delivery of outreach health activities.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
* Provide both public and private outreach health services to address prioritised community needs:
* Broaden the range and choice of health services available in regional, rural and remote locations; and
* Remove the financial disincentives that create barriers to service provision.
The Rural Health Outreach Fund (RHOF) will support outreach health activities to address health issues identified in regional, rural and remote locations, including improved coordination and combination of health activities. Within this broad spectrum, there is a need for specific emphasis on the following health priorities:
* Maternity and paediatric health;
* Eye health;
* Mental health; and
* Support for chronic disease management.
As this is a closed non-competitive grant opportunity, only the following organisations are eligible:
• New South Wales Rural Doctors Network;
• Northern Territory Department of Health;
• General Practice Queensland Limited;
• Rural Doctors Workforce Agency, South Australia;
• Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania;
• Rural Workforce Agency, Victoria;
• Western Australian Centre for Remote and Rural Medicine Ltd; and
• The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
No application is required to be submitted by the eligible organisations.