Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO282
Strong and Resilient Communities - Community Resilience Grants
Show close time for other time zones
Community Resilience grants aim to build strong, resilient and cohesive communities to help make Australia more secure and harmonious as a whole. This will be done through providing grants for projects that address whole-of-community issues in high need communities. For the purposes of Community Resilience grants, high need communities are defined as those that are experiencing, show potential for, or early signs of, low social cohesion, and/or pockets of racial, religious or cultural intolerance. Grants will be available to eligible community organisations to build and sustain social cohesion and community resilience, whether through employment, education or broader community life. Community Resilience projects may include a multicultural arts or festival event. All Community Resilience projects must include a Harmony Day event.
To be eligible to apply you must be a not-for-profit organisation and:
• be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia;
- a trustee on behalf of a trust;
- an incorporated association;
- a partnership or consortium, with a lead organisation;
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation;
- an Australian local Government body;
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
• be a legal entity, able to enter into a legally binding agreement;
• be registered for the purposes of GST;
• be a permanent resident of Australia;
• be located in Australia;
• have an Australian bank account; and
• be able to provide supporting documentation as outlined in Item 9.5 in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible as per the list above.
The funding will be available from 1 April 2018 - 30 June 2021
To apply go to: Application Form