Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1841
Cyber Security Small Business Program
The Cyber Security Small Business Program will support small businesses across Australia to have their cyber security tested by a provider that has been approved by the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers Australia New Zealand (CREST).
Grants will be provided to small businesses (with 19 or fewer employees) for up to 50 per cent of the cost of a micro, small or standard certified small business check. These health checks are essentially the same, but vary in price depending on the number of devices that are tested.
- The maximum grant amount is $2,100.
- The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
CREST Australia New Zealand provides assessment, accreditation, certification, education and traning in cyber and information security for individuals and corporate entities. CREST certified information security professionals have passed an examination process as well as background vetting, and the companies that they work for (CREST approved companies) are audited by CREST and have signed up to the CREST code of conduct.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- employ 19 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- and be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a partnership
- a sole trader.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) as defined in appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a Commonwealth, state, territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a business that employs more than 19 full-time equivalent people.
You are not eligible to apply if you have previously received funding under the Cyber Security Small Business Program.
The program will remain open until the funding is fully committed.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/cssbp
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.