Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3122
Australian Biological Resources Study: National Taxonomy Research Grant Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications via a targeted competitive process to apply to contribute towards outcomes under the Department of the Environment and Energy’s Program 1.2: Science, Information and Research commencing in the 2020-21 financial year.
The Australian Biological Resources Study National Taxonomy Research Grant Program provides grants for research into taxonomy and systematics and to support the training and/or recruitment of taxonomists.
The program is the only grant program in Australia that is targeted towards the support of research into taxonomy, to:
- improve our knowledge of the Australia biota through targeted taxonomic research
- increase funding for taxonomy through enhanced co-funding opportunities
- build Australia’s taxonomic capacity by supporting tertiary research training and early career researchers.
Benefits of the program include:
- increased support for students and early career researchers (including provision for retired taxonomists to mentor younger researchers through support for non-salaried researcher positions)
- provision for major, national-scale investigations incorporating multiple researchers and institutions.
Grant applications must address at least one of the Australian Biological Resources Study: Priority Areas for Research Grants.
An applicant must be a Principle Investigator/student associated with, and hosted by, an appropriate institution or a retired or unemployed Australian citizen (person) for the Non-Salaried Researcher Grant. Appropriate institutions include, but are not limited to, Australian museums, herbaria, universities and other government agencies that support taxonomic research. An institution supporting a Principle Investigator/student must have an interest and capacity to support taxonomic research.
To be eligible researchers and institutions must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Sole Trader
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- Unincorporated Association
To apply go to the application form
PLEASE NOTE: The Community Grants Hub system will be unavailable from 4.30pm, Saturday 7 December to 2.00am, Sunday 8 December AEDT. Submission of applications should take place outside the outage period.