Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2902
Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs - Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
The Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) grant opportunity supports SME Export Hubs in the development of local, regional and Indigenous brands through business collaborations in the identified areas of competitive strength.
This grant opportunity complements existing initiatives, such as those delivered through the Export Finance Australia (former Efic), the Australian Trade and Investment Commission - Austrade, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, and the Industry Growth Centres Initiative.
SMEs may be local, regional, remote and/or Indigenous.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and
- be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation such as:
- an incorporated association
- a company limited by guarantee
- a non-distributing co-operative
- an Indigenous not-for-profit corporation
- a not-for-profit incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government agency or body
- an Australian state/territory government agency or body
- Regional Development Australia (RDA) committee.
If you are applying as a not-for-profit organisation you must demonstrate your not-for-profit status through one of the following:
- current Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission’s (ACNC) registration
- state or territory incorporated association status
- constitutional documents and/or Articles of Association that demonstrate the not-for-profit character of your organisation.
To be eligible your project must:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $300,000 in eligible expenditure
- support the establishment and/or operation of a new or existing export hub
- support participating SMEs to improve their capability to increase exports, and create jobs
- develop and implement an export strategy, building on identified SME strengths and innovation potential.
Refer to grant opportunity guidelines for further information on eligibility criteria.
Stage 2 applications are expected to open in mid-November 2019 and close 5pm AEDT on Tuesday 17 December 2019.
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/smeeh
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.