Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2546
Prostate Cancer Nurses
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government has supported the Prostate Cancer Nurses (PCN) program since 2013 and has enabled the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) to train, engage, and employ Commonwealth-funded PCNs to provide:
- vital information, care and support for Australian men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their families, as well as health care professionals within a multidisciplinary team;
- access to multidisciplinary prostate cancer specialists and services;
- continuity of care for Australian men diagnosed with prostate cancer throughout the entire cancer journey; and
- coordination from diagnosis of prostate cancer onwards.
The purpose of this grant opportunity is for the continuation of the current PCN Program, and to increase the number of PCNs from 28 Commonwealth-funded to 62 gradually from 2020-21 to 2022-23.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- recruit, train and place an additional 34 Commonwealth-funded PCNs in areas of need;
- improve the availability of support services for men diagnosed with prostate cancer, their families and carers; and
- improve the quality of care received by Australian men diagnosed with prostate cancer, their families and carers.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- increase the number of Australian men diagnosed with prostate cancer to have access to services from a specially trained PCN;
- improve access to clinical, psychological and emotional support to men diagnosed with prostate cancer, their families and carers in areas identified as having high need;
- improve continuity and quality of care for men diagnosed with prostate cancer; and
- increase the number of Commonwealth–funded PCNs from 28 to 62 PCNs by 2022-23.
Only Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (ABN number 31 521 774 656) can apply for this grant opportunity. Please refer to Section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines for further information.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.