Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO1754
Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants will provide grant funding to support businesses to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process including:
- design, prototype and testing activities undertaken at specialised facilities and service organisations.
The objectives of the program are to:
support business to access automotive test facilities and design and prototyping services
support new automotive product development and enhance business capability for Australian businesses, building their capacity to deliver diversified product offerings and supply to local and international markets.
The minimum grant amount is $50,000.
The maximum grant amount is $200,000.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is 12 months.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust) and be a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
We can only accept applications:
- where you provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- where you provide evidence of how you will fund your share of project costs.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
To be eligible your project must use an external facility.
To be eligible your project must have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/ailag
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.