Current Grant Opportunity View - GO113
Entrepreneurs' Programme - Innovation Connections Grant
P: 13 28 46
Innovation Connections (IC) assists businesses to understand their research needs, connect with the research sector and fund collaborative research projects.
The IC Facilitation service is free. At the completion of your IC Facilitation, and at the recommendation of your facilitator, you may then apply for an IC Grant.
An Innovation Facilitator will work with your business to understand your research needs. This might include:
- discussing strategic research opportunities into new or existing markets
- identifying critical research areas for improving your products, processes and services
- finding ways for your business to work with the research sector.
At the end of the engagement, you will be provided with a Facilitation Report that outlines your business’ research needs and opportunities. If a collaborative research project is recommended, the facilitator will connect your business to expertise within the research sector and help to define a project scope. You will then be able to apply for an IC Grant to co-fund the project.
Following an IC Facilitation, you can apply for an IC Grant to undertake a research project that addresses the recommendations made in the Facilitation Report.
Research projects must be in collaboration with a Publicly Funded Research Organisation (PFRO) and should develop a new idea with commercial potential. Your Innovation Facilitator will help you decide which of the three available grants will suit your business' needs:
- Researcher Placement – placing a PFRO researcher in your business to work on a specific research project (up to a maximum of $50,000)
- Business Researcher Placement – placing a researcher from your business into a PFRO to work on a specific research project (up to a maximum of $50,000)
- Graduate Placement – employing a graduate or post-graduate with a relevant degree into your business to work on a specific research project (up to a maximum of $30,000).
To be eligible for an IC Facilitation, your business must:
- be a solvent, for-profit, non-tax exempt company that is registered for GST and incorporated and operating in Australia
- be a company with trading activities that are the majority of its overall activities
- have filed BAS showing ongoing trading in at least three successive years
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure in the current or one of the two previous FYs:
- between $1.5 million and $100 million or
- between $750,000 and $100 million for applicants from remote Australia or Northern Australia
- not have received an IC Facilitation before
- satisfy one of the following:
- be operating in one or more growth sectors:
- advanced manufacturing
- food and agribusiness
- medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
- mining equipment, technology and services
- oil, gas and energy resources, or
- provide enabling technologies or services to one or more of the growth sectors, or
- show commitment to, and have the skills, capability, IP or expertise to operate in, one of the growth sectors in the future.
You cannot apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee that meets the trading activity requirements above may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State or Local Government agency or body
- named as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
To be eligible for an IC Grant, your business must:
- have received an Innovation Facilitation Report
- apply within 12 months of receiving the report
- be able to fund the total project costs, as the grant is paid after completion of the project
- not use in-kind contributions or funds from other government grants or programmes to cover the project costs
- not have received a grant in the last five years, unless a supplementary grant is permitted by the Guidelines.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/innovation-connections
business.gov.au provides information and advice to businesses via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.
P: 13 28 46