Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1683
Drought Communities Programme - Extension
Show close time for other time zones
The extension of the Drought Communities Programme provides funding of $96 million in 2018-19 to Eligible Councils to deliver benefits to targeted drought-affected regions of Australia. The program will support local community infrastructure and other drought relief projects for communities impacted by drought.
Funding will target infrastructure and other projects that:
- provide employment for people whose work opportunities have been impacted by drought
- stimulate local community spending
- use local resources, businesses and suppliers
- provide a long-lasting benefit to communities and the agricultural industries on which they depend.
To be eligible you must
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- be an Eligible Council, listed on business.gov.au and GrantConnect; or
- be invited to apply by the Minister
We can only accept applications:
- where it is submitted by the Chief Executive Officer of an Eligible Council or other council officer authorised to sign a grant agreement.
To be eligible your project must:
- be located in an Eligible Council area
- meet project requirements
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $25,000 per application in eligible expenditure
- be undertaken in the project period and completed by 30 June 2019. For the 15 Eligible Councils approved in March 2019, you must complete your project by 31 December 2019.
For more information on eligibility you should refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
Eligible Councils will be invited to apply and will be sent a link to the application.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.