Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO4096
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Frontier Health and Medical Research Program Stage Two
Show close time for other time zones
The MRFF Frontier Health and Medical Research Program will provide grants to a total of $570 million over ten years to establish this landmark initiative. For the Stage One - Research Plan grant opportunity, $1 million in funding was provided to 10 multi-disciplinary teams including research and industry partners to work on novel and transformative ideas that will produce practical benefits to Australians and also globally.
The teams had 12 months to develop a detailed research plan to outline the activities, methods and partnerships required to transform the idea from concept to implementation in the health system.
Australia has the potential to lead markets and create new ones by applying cutting-edge science and technologies to new, first-in-world applications that improve human health. This program encourages Australia's best and brightest researchers to create talented and ambitious multi-disciplinary teams.
The program operates using a two-stage competitive process:
- Stage One funded the development of detailed research plans for cutting-edge research projects.
- Stage Two will fund the implementation of selected research projects.
The Stage One grant opportunity funded 10 projects for one year to develop a detailed research plan. Applications for Stage One have closed.
Stage Two projects will enable selected research plans developed under Stage One to receive investment to develop their ideas. These ideas will revolutionise healthcare with new technological advances or approaches. Stage Two grants will vary depending on applicant requirements, but they would typically be in the range of $10 to $20 million per annum for 5 years.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
- have been awarded a grant under the Frontier Health and Medical Research Program – Stage One Research Plan and have submitted a Research Plan by 30 June 2020.
You must also be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- not an existing grantee under the Frontier Health and Medical Research Program - Stage One
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/fhmr2
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.