Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO3093
Cochrane Round 8 Funding Program Guidelines 2019.
Show close time for other time zones
Cochrane is an international organisation that produces independent health advice, based on systematic reviews of the evidence, for clinicians, consumers and government. The Australian Government has supported Cochrane’s activities in Australia since 2001.
The funding program will run over three years from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2023.
The objective of the funding program is to support translational research. The intended outcomes of Cochrane reviews are to help health care providers, practitioners and patients make informed decisions about health care.
NHMRC administers the funding program according to the Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines 2017 (CGRGs).
The funding program will support one overarching organisation, to be known as Cochrane Australia, and at least six Australian based Cochrane Review Groups.
Cochrane Australia (CA) will be responsible for facilitating, supporting and promoting the work of Cochrane in Australia.
The Cochrane Review Groups (CRGs) will be responsible for producing, disseminating and maintaining current systematic reviews of interventions in relevant fields.
NHMRC is responsible for the overall management of the funding program and will develop and maintain strong relationships and provide support to key stakeholders.
Applications will only be accepted from NHMRC approved Administering Institutions. A list of NHMRC approved Administering Institutions is available at:
Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Cochrane Round 8 Funding Program Guidelines 2019.
The maximum grant period is three years commencing on 1 July 2020.
To apply you must:
- complete the online Cochrane Round 8 Funding Program application form
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- applications must be certified and submitted by NHMRC registered Administering Institutions
- submit your application/s c/o the Executive Director, Research Translation Branch via firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 16 December 2019, 5pm AEDT time.