Current Grant Opportunity View - GO3109
GO3109 - More Doctors for Rural Australia Program Support Package
Show close time for other time zones
The More Doctors for Rural Australia Program (MDRAP) and the MDRAP Support Package (this Grant Opportunity) are both components of the Stronger Rural Health Strategy 2018-19 Budget Measure which aims to streamline and simplify qualification pathways and support non-vocationally registered doctors to attain fellowship.
The MDRAP supports non-vocationally recognised (non-VR) doctors to gain valuable general practice experience in rural and remote communities prior to joining a college fellowship pathway.
The MDRAP Support Package (this Grant Opportunity) will enhance the implementation of the MDRAP by providing funding to support supervision and education for MDRAP doctors, who will be provided with tailored learning and supervision to meet their needs and that of their region. This will ensure the safe delivery and quality of care is of the highest standard.
The intended outcomes of the MDRAP Support Package are to:
• provide a safe practice environment for doctors participating on the program;
• foster interest in general practice fellowship pathways;
• increase participation of doctors and practices in the MDRAP program; and
• ensure practices support doctors with supervision requirements and provide access to appropriate training modules.
As this is a closed non-competitive grant opportunity only the following seven organisations are eligible to apply.
• Rural Health West
• Rural Workforce Agency Victoria
• New South Wales Rural Doctors Network
• Health Workforce Queensland
• Rural Doctors Workforce Agency South Australia
• HR Plus
• Northern Territory PHN
Submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2:00pm, Canberra local time, on Thursday 20 February 2020. If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.