Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2942
Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions
Show close time for other time zones
The objective of the grant opportunity is to support Australian students under the age of 18 to attend or participate in STEM related events, activities and competitions in Australia and overseas.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $7.23 million per year in ongoing funding for the Inspiring Australia - Science Engagement Programme. For this grant opportunity, up to $1.6 million is available each year.
- $1 million per year for student participation in STEM engagement activities and events that take place in Australia or overseas.
- $600,000 per year for student participation in international STEM competitions taking place outside Australia.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $1,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
The maximum grant amount per student is:
- $1,500 for STEM events or activities occurring within Australia
- $5,000 for international STEM events or activities.
A sponsor organisation must apply on behalf of a student or group of students.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- and be one of the following entities:
- a primary or secondary school that is registered with a state or territory authority
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an entity incorporated in Australia.
A government school that does not have its own ABN may apply using their state or territory department’s ABN in their application.
We can only accept applications that:
- apply on behalf of a student or group of students under the age of 18 (at the time of application) to attend a specific STEM event or activity that meets the requirements under these guidelines
- have confirmation from their managing board, school principal or chief executive officer (or equivalent) that:
- the student/s attendance at the STEM event or activity is supported
- the applicant has the capacity to meet any costs of student’s participation at the STEM event or activity not covered by grant funding
- the student/s attendance at the event or activity is reasonably expected to proceed if the grant is provided.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
To be eligible your project must:
- involve the participation of a student or a group of students at an eligible event
- have at least $1,000 in eligible expenditure
- be related to the pursuit of a field of STEM and one that promotes student engagement in STEM-related disciplines, or participation in STEM-based competitions both in Australia and overseas.
An event is not eligible if the sponsor organisation is required to support the student/s to attend the event as part of its commercial activities or other ‘business as usual’ activities.
For more information on what types of events and costs are eligible, go to Section 5 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
We will close applications when the funding for the year runs out.
To apply go to www.business.gov.au/sgseic
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance