Current Grant Opportunity View - GO140
Grants to Australian Organisations Program
P: 02 6141 3533
The Grants to Australian Organisations Program (GAOP) provides the Commonwealth’s contribution to organisations:
(i) working in the areas of law reform, legal research and law enforcement and endorsed for funding by the National Justice and Policing Senior Officials Group (NJPSOG), and
(ii) working in the area of humanitarian legal issues.
The GAOP has two funding streams.
Stream One: Grants relating to law reform, legal research and law enforcement
Stream Two: Grants relating to the application of humanitarian legal issues.
The objectives of the Grants to Australian Organisations Program (the Program) are to fund suitable activities that relate to, or assist with, the pursuit of an equitable and accessible system of federal civil justice.
The expected outcomes are:
• A website that provides access to legislative material and records the decisions of courts and tribunals
• An increase in the knowledge of Australian judicial and law enforcement officers
• Higher levels of research into judicial administration and improved education programs for legal officers in relation to court administration and judicial systems
• Increased awareness of the requirements expected from the application of the principles of humanitarian law
Who is eligible for a grant?
Stream One: Organisations endorsed by NJPSOG to apply for GAOP funding.
Streams One and Two:
To be eligible you must:
• be a legal entity able to enter into a legally binding agreement
• have an Australian Business Number
• be registered for the purposes of GST
• have an Australian bank account
Also, you must be one of the following:
• a company incorporated in Australia
• an incorporated association
• a consortium
• a registered charity or not for profit organisation
Submit your application/s to the Attorney-General’s Department at GAOPMailBox@ag.gov.au by 31 May 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
P: 02 6141 3533