Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2412
Strategic Policy Grants Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Department of Defence delivers and manages the Strategic Policy Grants Program which aims to deliver outcomes that support Defence policy objectives to improve and increase the strategic policy workforce's capability to deliver high-quality policy advice to Defence and Government.
The Strategic Policy Grants Program is an annual grant program, with applications accepted as per our website at http://www.defence.gov.au/SPI/Grants-Program.asp.
The project prioritises funding proposals that support the following outcomes:
- Increase the amount and quality of discourse, debate and research on Australian strategic policy issues of priority interest and strategic relevance to generate new insights, concepts, understandings and policy solutions; and,
- Deliver more professional development opportunities to the strategic policy workforce with a view to enhancing their subject matter, tradecraft and leadership knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Individuals must apply on behalf of the organisation with which they are affiliated, such as a university, not-for-profit organisation, or a research institution.
- Joint applications are welcome, contingent upon any consortium having a lead organisation. To be a lead, an applicant must designate the main contact and/or project manager.
- International applicants are eligible, provided they can demonstrate the qualifications, skills and necessary background for the topic and activity proposed.
All grant applications must be submitted using the template provided by the Strategic Policy Grants Program to email@example.com by the closing date.
Late applications will not be accepted and no exceptions will be granted.
Defence will not provide application forms or accept applications for the grant opportunity by fax or mail.
Applicants must ensure they read the Strategic Policy Grant Guidelines and address all of the eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant.
Applications may not be changed after the closing date and time.