Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2986
Regional Airports Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Regional Airports Program will improve the safety and accessibility of airports or aerodromes in regional areas of Australia by supporting critical air infrastructure that will:
- improve the safety of aircraft, operators and passengers using regional airports or aerodromes
- facilitate improved delivery of essential goods and services such as food supplies, health care and passenger air services
- improve the connectivity of Australia’s regions to domestic and global market opportunities
- meet the operational requirements of aeromedical and other emergency services in the region.
There is a total of $45 million available for this grant round. There will be other grant rounds and we will publish the opening and closing dates and any other relevant information on business.gov.au and GrantConnect.
The minimum grant amount is $20,000.
The maximum grant amount is $5 million.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs, unless you and a third party are both contributing to eligible project costs. In this case, the grant amount will be up to 33.3 per cent of eligible project costs.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an owner and/or operator of an existing aerodrome or airport in a regional area in Australia.
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia (including incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust)
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in appendix A
- an Australian State or Territory Government agency or body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth).
State agencies or other eligible entities may apply on behalf of aerodrome owners/operators. In such cases, the state agency or other eligible entity will be the lead applicant in a joint application and will be wholly responsible for the project, including administering, reporting and acquitting all project expenditure. Only the lead organisation can submit the application form and enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth.
We can only accept applications where:
- the location of your aerodrome is identified as Inner Regional or Outer Regional as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geographic Standard (ASGS) Remoteness Area
- the aerodrome or airport’s passenger throughput is below 250,000 passengers (from all flight types) per year
- you provide evidence from your board or Council (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported by the applicant organisation, and that the organisation is willing to accept responsibility to complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/rap
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.