Current Grant Opportunity View - GO3614
Indigenous Health Workforce Traineeships Program
Show close time for other time zones
The Indigenous Health Workforce Traineeships (IHWT) Program is designed to support traineeships in health workforce roles for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people working in Aboriginal community controlled health services.
The Department of Health will fund the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) affiliates, or equivalent organisations, to administer the IHWT program on behalf of the Department, including administering the payment of funds to participating health services to support trainees.
The key objectives of the program are to:
• Increase the number of skilled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people working in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aged and primary health care sectors.
• Create viable career pathways in health for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
• Build the capacity of eligible services to provide culturally appropriate health care to its Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
To be eligible to apply you must be one of the following organisations:
• Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW - ABN: 66 085 654 397
• Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia - ABN: 89 287 854 542
• Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia - ABN: 48 114 220 478
• Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance of the Northern Territory - ABN: 26 263 401 676
• Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council - ABN: 97 111 116 762
• Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre - ABN: 48 212 321 102
• Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation - ABN: 67 498 114 972
• Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service - ABN: 52 618 179 061
• Flinders Island Aboriginal Association Inc. - ABN: 22 604 123 914
• Karadi Aboriginal Corporation - ABN: 40 776 871 469
• South East Tasmania Aboriginal Corporation – ABN: 92 219 498 784
• Cape Barren Island Aboriginal Association Inc. – ABN: 73 328 550 841
• Circular Head Aboriginal Corporation – ABN: 77 644 522 576
Submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2:00pm, Canberra local time, on Friday 24 July 2020. If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours, please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.