Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2319
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) - Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry Initiative (REDI)
Show close time for other time zones
The Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry Initiative (REDI), is supported by the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF). The objective of the fund is to strategically fund research and adresss national priorities in a cohesive and coordinated way. We will fund one service provider who will be responsible for:
- facilitating connections between industry, universities, registered training organisations and government entities; and
- delivering, potentially in collaboration with joint-service partners’ relevant training programs, industry placements, mentoring and exchange programs for researchers.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are:
- to provide researchers with a diverse range of experiences and exposure to entrepreneurism with the aim of strengthening Australia’s success with translation and commercialisation to identify innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $32 million over four years from 2019-20 to 2022-23 for this grant opportunity:
- $8 million in 2019-20
- $10 million in 2020-21
- $10 million in 2021-22
- $4 million in 2022-23.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant amount is $32 million.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with s24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015 , you must be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
We can only accept applications where you provide:
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) support for the project and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- a project plan
- a detailed project budget.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/redi
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat.