Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1822
Youth Mental Health: eheadspace
Show close time for other time zones
The Youth Mental Health: eheadspace grant aims to improve mental health outcomes for young people aged 12 to 25 years, and their families by providing national evidence based, accessible and responsive services. The Grant seeks to overcome barriers to help those seeking advice and support and reduce stigma via delivering online and telephone counselling to young people with, or at risk of, mental illness.
The objectives for the Youth Mental Health: eheadspace grant opportunity are to:
• Provide an integrated, clinically supervised, youth-friendly telephone and online therapeutic counselling and information service for young people aged 12 to 25 years, particularly those who face crisis, emotional distress and mental health difficulties;
• Increase the availability and geographical accessibility of confidential telephone and web based early intervention services;
• Complement and link to headspace and other youth mental health programs and services already in place; and
• Assist young people and their families with appropriate referral pathways to headspace sites and other mental health, physical health, alcohol and drug, and social and vocational services and supports as appropriate.
The expected outcomes of the grant are to:
• Improve mental health outcomes for young people;
• Improve the help seeking behaviours of young Australians and their families; and
• Assist young people with issues as they arise by providing real-time support.
As this is a closed non-competitive grant opportunity only headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation (ABN 26 137 533 843) are eligible to apply.
Submit your completed application to Grant.ATM@health.gov.au by 2pm, Canberra local time, on Wednesday 20 February 2019. If you do not receive an email (including automatic reply) within 48 hours please contact the department on (02) 6289 5600.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.